Pablo Software Solutions
Penlee (Newlyn) Bowling Club, West Cornwall
Designed and built  by Jack Happy
Penlee Bowling Club
Penlee Bowling Club
Penlee Bowls Club was established in 1919 on an idyllic site, literally on the sea front, between Penzance and Newlyn in West Cornwall. It was established by a group of men from Newlyn as an alternative to the Penzance Bowls Club, which had been established a few years earlier. There has always been a keen, but friendly, rivalry between the Penlee and Penzance clubs and several years ago the name of the club was changed to Penlee (Newlyn) Bowling Club to reflect its historic alliegiance.
Penlee is the most westerly bowls club in the country and is situated in the Bolitho Gardens, half way between Wherry Town, at the western end of Penzance Promenade, and the Newlyn Art Gallery.  It enjoys extensive views across Mounts Bay to St. Michael's Mount, the Lizard Peninsula and Newlyn. There is a pay and display car park at Wherry Town and limited parking for the disabled at the entrance to Bolitho Gardens, otherwise parking can usually be found in a small area beside the boating lake, on Lariggan Hill or on Lidden Road. See the "Links" page for a street map of our location. 
Copyright 2012 by Penlee Bowling Club   All rights reserved    e-mail: penleebowls@tesco.net
Who we are and where we're to


Home


About Us

Short Mat Section

Want to Play?

The Penlee Blog & "Facebook"

Officers & Contacts

Application Forms & Other Useful Links
Newlyn Harbour - a short walk west
Penzance Promenade - a short walk east